Coming up against a Call of Duty: Warzone locked out error is not something you need to see when you’re hungry for some Battle Royale or Plunder action. Whether you’re on PC, PS4, or Xbox One, you can get locked out of CoD: Warzone, immediately spoiling any plans of dropping onto an island with 149 other players and doing battle. Thankfully, there are some potential fixes for this pesky “locked out” padlock issue. Here’s how to get into Modern Warfare Warzone.
Why am I locked out of Call of Duty: Warzone?
If you’re locked out of Call of Duty: Warzone, despite the game being free-to-play for anyone and everyone, then obviously something is wrong with the game. It’s not that you haven’t bought it, as it’s not possible to buy! However, you do need to fully install it. Here’s how to get through the locked padlock screen.
Call of Duty: Warzone Locked Out Error Fix
- Make sure you have fully installed the game.
- Sometimes, you’ll need to wait at the main menu for the game to finish installing. (Even though your PC, PS4, or Xbox One has said the download is complete, Call of Duty: Warzone can take an extra bit of time to finally let you play.)
- Make sure you aren’t trying to join with a split-screen buddy.
- Split-screen is not currently supported in Call of Duty: Warzone. Even if you add a co-op buddy in the Multiplayer menu, you won’t be able to proceed to Warzone.
- If all else failed, reboot your game/console.
- Sometimes a reboot is all you need. First, try rebooting the game, ensuring you’ve completely closed the game. If that doesn’t work, you can reboot your entire system.
More Call of Duty: Warzone Guides
Check out our list of Call of Duty: Warzone guides below: