When you’re deep into a battle royale match in CoD: Warzone, the last thing you want is to be distracted by unnecessary visual effects. Not only is it annoying, but it’s potentially deadly — in-game, of course — so you’re probably looking to disable motion blur as soon as possible. In that case, you’re already in the right place; stick with this guide to learn everything you need to know about how to turn off motion blur in Call of Duty: Warzone.
How do you disable motion blur in Call of Duty: Warzone?
While motion blur can help to better immerse you in a singleplayer experience, in the competitive world of online multiplayer it’s generally considered a no-no. Not only can disabling motion blur help to secure you the competitive edge by making your screen clearer, but there’s also the potential for a small boost when it comes to technical performance. Thankfully, disabling Call of Duty: Warzone motion blur is super easy.
Here’s what you need to do:
How to turn off motion blur in Call of Duty: Warzone
- Boot up your copy of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)
- Select “Warzone” from the main menu
- Note: If you’re playing the standalone Call of Duty: Warzone download you won’t need to perform this step
- From the main Warzone menu, press the button corresponding to the “Options” prompt in the bottom left of your screen
- It should be Esc on PC, Options on PS4, and Menu on Xbox One
- Navigate to the “General” tab
- Scroll down to the “Accessibility” heading
- Toggle “World Motion Blur” to “Disabled”
- Toggle “Weapon Motion Blur” to “Disabled”
- Back out of the options menu
Now that you’ve changed your settings, you’ll no longer encounter blurring of moving objects or any weapon-based motion blur effects while playing Call of Duty: Warzone.
More Call of Duty: Warzone Guides
Check out our list of Call of Duty: Warzone guides below: