Exploring your island paradise in Animal Crossing: New Horizons is largely free from risk, besides angering the occasional wasp nest by shaking the wrong tree. It is possible that you can fall victim to an unintended glitch and get stuck in the environment, however. If you’re having issues of that nature, then don’t worry; your progress is perfectly safe, as you’ll discover by sticking with our how to get unstuck in Animal Crossing: New Horizons guide.
How to get unstuck in Animal Crossing: New Horizons | Environment glitch
Becoming stuck in or on an element of the environment in the debut Animal Crossing Nintendo Switch title will undoubtedly come as a nasty surprise. After spending lots of time pottering around your very own deserted island and transforming it into a location you can be proud of, losing that progress to an unfortunate Animal Crossing: New Horizons environmental bug would be devastating!
Like we said in the intro, though, you really don’t need to worry. Below is a step-by-step walkthrough of exactly what action you should take in order to get unstuck in Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
How to get unstuck in Animal Crossing: New Horizons | Rescue Service NookPhone app
- Press the “ZL” button to pull out your NookPhone
- Look for the application that features an image of a helicopter, titled “!Rescue Service”
- Press “A” to select the app
- Press “A” when prompted with the message “Call Rescue Service?”
- Press “A” again on the “Call!” option
- After a brief conversation with the operator, you’ll need to press “A” once more on the “Yes! Help!” option
- Note: Using the Rescue Service app costs 100 Nook Miles
Now that you’ve escaped the evil clutches of the game environment, you’re free to get back to improving island life for you and all your fellow inhabitants.
More Animal Crossing: New Horizons Guides
Check out our list of Animal Crossing: New Horizons guides below: