PS5 users are encountering an issue that causes games and applications to crash and force close. The PS5 CE-108255-1 error code is accompanied by a message stating that “something went wrong with this game or app.” Is there a workaround for the PlayStation 5 CE-108255-1 problem, though? Here’s the latest on this crashing issue that affects Sony’s next-generation console hardware.
What is the PS5 CE-108255-1 fix?
Many players have found that games and entertainment apps automatically close down on PS5. Shortly after the issue occurs, the PlayStation 5 CE-108255-1 error screen appears. The associated message is non-specific and, as a result, not much help. So, what should users do when faced with the “something went wrong with this game or app” screen?
How to fix
The easy PS5 CE-108255-1 error fix is simply to restart the affected game or application. In most cases, the software will launch and perform normally in spite of any previous issue.
If that doesn’t work, Sony has provided an official solution to the CE-108255-1 error message on PlayStation 5. Users must delete and reinstall the affected software, then rebuild the console database from Safe Mode.
Here’s a step-by-step guide:
How to delete and reinstall games and apps on PS5
- From the PS5 home screen, highlight the desired game or application.
- Press the options button, then choose “Delete” from the list.
- Select “OK” to confirm.
- Navigate to “Game Library” from the home screen.
- Find the desired game, select it, then choose the “Download” option.
How to launch PS5 in safe mode and rebuild the database
- Hold the PS5 power button for three seconds.
- When the console is turned off completely, hold the power button again for seven seconds. After the second beep sounds, release the button.
- Connect the DualSense controller to the PS5 with a USB cable and press the PS button to enable it.
- Choose “5. Rebuild Database” from the list of options.
If the issue persists after following the above steps, reboot the console before deleting and reinstalling the software once more. After exhausting this final option, contact PlayStation Support if additional assistance is required.
Got more troubles as a PS5 early adopter? Here’s how to fix (and avoid) the “repairing console storage” error. Additionally, it’s worth noting the “a problem occurred in the system software” solution and how to kickstart stuck downloads.