- Related Games:
Gord has been announced by Covenant, a studio founded by former CD Projekt Red and 11 Bit Studios producer Stan Just. The new Polish developer has unveiled what it calls a single-player, adventure strategy game that features “developing societies, eerie forbidden lands, and remarkable mythical creatures.”
According to Covenant, players will manage a populace with personal stories while also deciding the fate of their settlement. Players will complete quests and improve their fledgling city, while also facing a whole range of nasties from giant bears through to terrifying, monstrous spiders.
When is the Gord game release date?
Gord has a planned release date window of 2022 on PC via Steam. There are currently no plans to release it on consoles such as the PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X, or Xbox One.
Steam users can already add it to their wishlist on the platform.
Watch the Gord gameplay trailer
The first Gord gameplay trailer can be viewed above, showing off its bloody combat and its strategy elements. According to Covenant, Gord is a unique city-builder with survival elements, that will see players constructing their own settlement while defending it from enemy tribes and monsters.
While it boasts a fantasy setting, its initial trailer is reminiscent of Frostpunk, 11 Bit Studios’ previous society survival game that similarly focused on the stories that formed within its brutal setting. While Stan Just may have been a producer at CDPR, it seems that he’s taken more inspiration from this previous release than his work with the likes of The Witcher series.
What is Gord?
The following list of features has been provided by its developer:
- Adventure strategy in a dark fantasy setting – Lead the people of the Tribe of the Dawn as they venture deep into forbidden lands and ensure the survival of your populace in a grim fantasy world inspired by Slavic folklore.
- A unique city-builder with survival elements – Grow your gord from a humble settlement to a formidable fortress while your population is constantly at risk from enemy tribes, gruesome monsters, and mysterious powers that lurk in the surrounding woods.
- AI-driven quest system to ensure lots of variety – Side quests and random encounters will send you off into the wilderness to hunt down legendary creatures, uncover secrets about the Ancients, or vanquish a nasty scourge.
- Custom scenarios with procedural level generation – Choose from a variety of primary objectives, select the level size, the intensity of raids, the environment you’ll play in, the types of enemies you’ll face, starting resources, and even the severity of the weather.
- Impactful Sanity and Burden systems – Every aspect of your settlers’ lives – from illness and hunger to the death of their kin – can impact your villagers’ psychological state.
- Unleash powerful Incantations – Spells vary in nature – some are offensive while others are defensive – but they all help to tip the battlefield in your favor.
- Uncover the world’s mysteries in The Chronicle – Pages torn from The Chronicle will be scattered throughout the game’s landscapes, giving dedicated players an additional challenge of discovering lore that explains the Gord universe.