The Witcher 3 Faces Second Delay

In May of this year, CD Projekt Red co-founder Marcin Iwinski said there would be “no more delays” for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, stating in an interview with Eurogamer that it was “not their first game; we are not newbies.”

Monday, CD Projekt Red said in a statement that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be delayed until May 19, 2015. Awkward.

According to the studio, the second delay stems from the nature of the “sheer size and complexity of The Witcher, key features of the title…. Now, nearing the end of our work, we see many details that need to be corrected.”

“We owe you an apology,” the studio continued in an open letter to gamers posted on the game's website. “We set the release date too hastily. It’s a hard lesson, one to take to heart for the future. We know what we want to do to make Wild Hunt one of the best RPGs you will ever play. And we continue to work hard to achieve just that. So, we apologize and ask for your trust.”

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt survived the first delay well, with gamers voting it Most Anticipated Game earlier this month at The Game Awards 2014. CD Projekt Red will have to hope the faith of the gamersphere holds out one more time.