The Mortal Kombat 11 fatalities are bloodier and more brutal than ever. But that’s only if you know how to unlock them. These finishers can seem hidden if you only go the menu, expecting to seem the inputs laid out. Luckily, there are a couple of different ways to unlock fatalities in MK11. But unluckily, the main method of how to unlock fatalities in Mortal Kombat 11 will require some luck.
Mortal Kombat 11 Fatalities | How to unlock fatalities in the Krypt
This is probably the way most people will unlock fatalities in Mortal Kombat 11. You can go into the Krypt from the Konquer part of the main menu as long as you are connected to the internet. This third-person adventure game lets players spend their Hearts, Soul Fragments, and Koins on random chests for rewards that range from gear to brutalities.
Sadly, “random” is the key word. Unlike in previous Mortal Kombat games, each box (except the Shao Kahn boxes and a handful of others) is full of random gear. Everyone will have the same gear once they complete the Krypt but there’s no telling which box will contain a fatality. Soul Fragment spires (which require Ermac’s Soul Amulet to unlock) have a good probability of having fatalities though but those can be rather expensive. More expensive crates can have better stuff so that’s also a good avenue.
Mortal Kombat 11 Fatalities | How to perform them without unlocking them
However, you can still perform these fatalities without unlocking them. The first way you can do this is simply by knowing the input, which will be listed below. Doing fatalities this way won’t show you the input in the pause menu, but it doesn’t stop you from actually performing the bloody finisher.
The second way is to use Easy Fatality Tokens. Returning from Mortal Kombat X, these allow you to just hold down the block button and either of the two kick buttons depending on what finisher you want to do. These also don’t unlock the fatality but don’t stop you from performing it.
You can earn Easy Fatality Tokens in a few different ways. They can be rewards in the towers or found in the Naknada Shrine or random chests in the Krypt. Players can also spend Time Krystals to buy them in the in-game store.
Mortal Kombat 11 Fatalities | How to perform them
These follow the same input rules as the Krushing Blows and the game in general. The directions are also relative to where the fighter is. For example, forward might be right if you’re on the left side, but left if you’re on the right side.
- 1 is front punch (Square on PS4, X on Xbox One, and Y on Switch)
- 2 is back punch (Triangle on PS4, Y on Xbox One, and X on Switch)
- 3 is front kick (X on PS4, A on Xbox One, and B on Switch)
- 4 is back kick (O on PS4, B on Xbox One, and A on Switch)
- B is back on the D-pad or stick
- F is forward on the D-pad or stick
- D is down on the D-pad or stick
- U is up on the D-pad or stick
Knowing those rules, here are the two fatality inputs for every character in Mortal Kombat 11 along with how close or far you need to be in order for them to trigger.
- Baraka: Food for Thought (Close) B, D, B, 2 | Rock, Paper, Baraka (Close) B, F, B, 3
- Cassie Cage: I <3 U (Mid) D, D, F, 4 | #GirlPower (Mid) B, D, D, B, 2
- Cetrion: Maintaining Balance (Mid) B, D, F, D, 4 | Good and Evil (Mid) B, D, B, 3
- D’Vorah: New Species (Close) B, F, B, 3 | Can’t Die (Mid) B, D, D, 4
- Erron Black: Melted (Mid) D, D, D, 1 | Death Trap (Mid) D, F, D, 2
- Frost: Ice Sculpture (Close) F, B, D, 1 | The Cyber Initiative (Mid) B, F, D, F, 4
- Geras: Phasing Through Time (Anywhere) B, D, D, 3 | Peeling Back (Close) D, F, B, 1
- Jade: Bow Before Me (Anywhere) D, D, F, D, 4 | Pole Dance (Close) B, F, D, F, 1
- Jacqui: Spider Mines (Mid) F, B, F, 3 | Nothin’ But Neck (Mid) B, F, B, 4
- Jax Briggs: Coming In Hot (Close) F, D, F, 3 | Still Got It (Close) B, F, B, D, 1
- Johnny Cage: Mr. Cage’s Neighborhood (Close) F, B, D, D, 4 | Who Hired This Guy (Close) F, D, F, 1
- Kabal: Road Rash (Mid) B, F, D, F, 3 | Hooked (Close) D, D, D, 4
- Kano: Last Dance (Close) F, D, D, 1 | Face Like a Dropped Pie (Close) B, D, F, 2
- Kollector: For the Kollection (Close) D, D, D, D, 4 | Head Lantern (Close) D, F, B, 1
- Kotal Kahn: Totem Sacrifice (Close) B, D, B, 3 | Kat Food (Close) B, F, B, F, 1
- Kitana: Gore-Nado (Mid) D, D, D, D, 2 | Royal Execution (Mid) D, B, F, 1
- Kung Lao: Headed Nowhere (Close) D, F, B, D, 2 | Meat Slicer (Close) D, F, D, 3
- Liu Kang: Burn Out (Close) D, B, D, F, 1 | Belly of the Beast (Mid) B, D, B, F, 2
- Noob Saibot: Double Trouble (Mid) B, F, B, F, 4 | Split Decision (Close) D, D, D, 1
- Raiden: Alternating Current (Mid) B, D, B, 1 | Direct Current (Close) D, F, B, 3
- Scorpion: You’re Next (Far) B, D, D, 1 | Chain Reaction (Far) D, F, B, 2
- Skarlet: Bloody Mess (Mid) F, B, D, 3 | Heart Condition (Mid) D, D, F, 4
- Shao Kahn: Back Blown Out (Close) B, F, D, D, 2 | Kahn-Sequences (Close) B, F, B, 1
- Sonya Blade: To the Choppa (Mid) D, F, B, 2 | Supply Drop (Close) B, F, D, 3
- Sub-Zero: Ice-Cutioner (Mid) B, F, B, 2 | Frozen in Time (Mid) F, D, F, 4