Encountering a Call of Duty: Warzone crashing to desktop error is not what you want when trying to play the new battle royale game from Infinity Ward. Crashing to the desktop on PC, especially without an error code, is incredibly frustrating, as it’s difficult to track down what exactly is going wrong. Thankfully, there are some fixes you can implement in order to get Modern Warfare Warzone stable again Read on for our CoD: Warzone PC fixes, which should hopefully get you back up and running in no time!
How to stop Call of Duty: Warzone crashing to desktop on PC
If you’re experiencing crashes on the PC version of Call of Duty: Warzone, then obviously you’re in need of a fix. While the crashes to the desktop often don’t come with an error code, you can still tweak your settings to prevent future crashing problems.
Call of Duty: Warzone Crashing Fixes
- First things first, make sure your drivers are up to date.
- Nvidia released a driver specifically tailored to optimizing Call of Duty: Warzone performance, so it’s definitely recommended for a stable experience. AMD shouldn’t be too far behind.
- Next, try running the game on low settings.
- Sometimes, especially with new titles, the odd ultra setting can cause a nightmare for your graphics card. Move everything down to low, before slowly upping the settings one at a time.
- Be wary of software running in the background.
- Hardware monitoring programs like MSI Afterburner, which uses an overlay, can cause issues for some games. It’s best to turn them off if you’re experiencing crashing issues.
More Call of Duty: Warzone Guides
Check out our list of Call of Duty: Warzone guides below: