Can you increase storage space in Animal Crossing: New Horizons? In this guide, we’ll let you in on whether you can increase your storage space and pocket inventory space in the game or not. Read on to discover the answer to “can you increase Animal Crossing: New Horizons storage space?” If you’ve been fed up with the limited storage space in ACNH, this is the guide for you, hmm?
Can you increase Animal Crossing: New Horizons storage space?
From the start of the game, you don’t get too much storage space in Animal Crossing: New Horizons. It’s very limited what you can store in your pockets and house. Thankfully, you increase your storage space in Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Unfortunately, it will take a lot of Nook Miles and Bells to do so. You can expand both your pocket inventory space (items you can carry with you) and your storage space (number of items you can store at home).
How to increase Animal Crossing: New Horizons Storage Space
Upgrading your storage space in Animal Crossing: New Horizons is as simple as upgrading your house and paying off your loan. Well, it’s simple as long as you have the Bells to upgrade your house, anyway. Here’s how each house upgrade increases your Animal Crossing: New Horizons storage space (you’ll need to pay off your previous home loan to get a new home loan and house improvements):
- Tent to House | 98,000 Bells, 80 storage space
- First House Upgrade | 198,000 Bells home loan, 120 storage space
- Second House Upgrade | 348,000 Bells home loan, 240 storage space
- Third House Upgrade | 548,000 Bells home loan, 360 storage space
- Fourth House Upgrade | 758,000 Bells home loan, 400 storage space
- Fifth House Upgrade | 1,248,000 Bells home loan, 800 storage space
- Sixth (and final) House Upgrade | 2,498,000 Bells home loan, over 1,500 storage space
The maximum storage space in Animal Crossing: New Horizons via home upgrades should be over 1,500. Remember, you can place any item outside if you don’t have enough storage space.
How to increase Animal Crossing: New Horizons Pocket Inventory Space
Along with storing items in your home, you can increase your pocket inventory space, to hold more items on your person, too. You’ll need to spend Nook Miles to increase your pocket inventory size by buying the Pocket Organization Guide and Ultimate Pocket Stuffing from the Nook Stop Terminal inside Resident Services. Follow these steps to increase your Animal Crossing: New Horizons pocket space:
- Buy the Pocket Organization Guide | 5,000 Nook Miles, which increases your pocket inventory space to 30 slots
- Upgrade your Resident Services into the Town Hall Building, find out how with our guide
- Buy the Ultimate Pocket Stuffing upgrade | 8,000 Nook Miles, which increases your pocket inventory space to 40 slots
Now get out there and store as many items as you can find and buy.
More Animal Crossing: New Horizons Guides
Check out our list of Animal Crossing: New Horizons guides below: