With the release of the NEXT update for the game, many were added to No Man’s Sky including the Ancient Key. This key is a valuable new item that isn’t for the purpose of selling or trading but to find some amazing treasure on the countless planets in the galaxy.
The No Man’s Sky Ancient Key is a mysterious item. The game doesn’t explain the purpose of the keys that well so it leaves you to figure it all out on your own. That’s where we come in. We are going to explain what they do, how to get them, and where to use them so you can reap the rewards.
No Man’s Sky Ancient Key Explained
One of the new features that came with the NEXT update is finding ruins. Those ruins are integral to finding and using the No Man’s Sky Ancient Key. In order to get to buried ruins, you will need the new Terrain Manipulator weapon. This baby allows you to manipulate the terrain of a planet easily and quickly.
Make sure to scan your surroundings for ruins nearby. Once you’ve located one, simply use the Terrain Manipulator to reach it below you. Explore the ruins at your leisure and you will quickly come upon treasure boxes that contain the No Man’s Sky Ancient Key. These are pretty spread evenly throughout.
The No Man’s Sky Ancient Key can be traded for 1,000 units but that isn’t worth doing. Instead, you will want to find at least three of the keys to fulfill their true purpose. Once you have three, you will then want to find an artifact crate. This will require you to use three keys in order to open it. However, if you are able to, you will find some amazing treasure inside. Good luck!
More No Man’s Sky
No Man’s Sky is an epic science fiction adventure set across an infinite universe, in which every star is the light of a distant sun, orbited by planets filled with life – each yours to visit. Explore never before seen worlds and trade, fight and survive on a galactic scale.
EXPLORE THE UNKNOWN
Explore uncharted solar systems and catalogue unique new forms of life. Every planet’s landscape is different from the next and populated by species never before encountered.
SURVIVE ON A DANGEROUS FRONTIER
Every solar system, planet, ocean and cave is filled with danger, and you are vulnerable. Battle attack ships, fend off dangerous predators, and survive in hazardous environments. Every encounter will test your skills to the limit.
PREPARE FOR AN EPIC JOURNEY
How you play No Man’s Sky is up to you, but you shouldn’t take your voyage lightly. Collect precious resources on the surfaces of planets, trade them with alien races and build the equipment that will take you to your destiny in the stars.
- Ancient Key Location | Where to Find These in Ruins
- Base Staff Disappeared Fix | What to do if your Overseer, Scientist, Armorer, Farmer, or Technician is gone
- How to farm units quickly
- How to get an Atlas Pass v1, v2, and v3 as soon as possible
- How to get Pugneum
- How to Get, Fuel, Level Up, and Repair Frigates
- How to switch from first-person to third-person camera
- Is NMS multiplayer cross-platform?
- Is there a fix to change keyboard controls?
- Solanium | How to find or grow Solar Vines
- Starting Ship Location | Where is my ship?
- Tame and Ride Animals | How to make bait and capture animals
- Technology Module: How to Get Tech Modules
- Unit Bug Fix | Where have my units gone?
- What’s at the center of the galaxy?