No Man’s Sky has just released its biggest update yet, No Man’s Sky Beyond or Update 2.0, and it transforms the game even further by adding more robust multiplayer, bigger roles for NPCs, and VR support. However, being such a massive update for such a huge game, there was bound to be problems. Perhaps one of the worst for PC owners of the game is the No Man’s Sky remap keys bug, which could totally ruin the PC version if it’s not got a fix. But is there one?
What is the No Man’s Sky remap keys bug?
No Man’s Sky, like pretty much any PC game worth the megabytes it’s downloaded to, has the ability to customize controls and change keybindings. You can change mouse, keyboard, and gamepad control bindings from the main menu, so you can play the game like you want to. There’s nothing unusual about that, except that this new bug has removed this rather crucial option.
If you go to the controls screen above, you’ll see that all the options are blank (except, bizarrely, for ‘jump’) and cannot be changed. The No Man’s Sky Beyond patch did a lot of good, but it seems it broke the ability to remap keys too. Apparently this affects all versions of the game, including on Steam and GOG. But is there a fix?
Is there a No Man’s Sky remap keys bug fix to let you change keybindings?
The good news is that this particular bug doesn’t appear to actually disable any keys, it just hides them and won’t allow you to change them. If you’ve stuck with the default, you’ll be fine. If not, you’ll either have to make do with the default controls or use a gamepad. Then it’s simply a matter of waiting until the issue gets fixed by the developer. It shouldn’t be too long as it’s been widely reported by now.
More No Man’s Sky
No Man’s Sky is an epic science fiction adventure set across an infinite universe, in which every star is the light of a distant sun, orbited by planets filled with life – each yours to visit. Explore never before seen worlds and trade, fight and survive on a galactic scale.
EXPLORE THE UNKNOWN
Explore uncharted solar systems and catalogue unique new forms of life. Every planet’s landscape is different from the next and populated by species never before encountered.
SURVIVE ON A DANGEROUS FRONTIER
Every solar system, planet, ocean and cave is filled with danger, and you are vulnerable. Battle attack ships, fend off dangerous predators, and survive in hazardous environments. Every encounter will test your skills to the limit.
PREPARE FOR AN EPIC JOURNEY
How you play No Man’s Sky is up to you, but you shouldn’t take your voyage lightly. Collect precious resources on the surfaces of planets, trade them with alien races and build the equipment that will take you to your destiny in the stars.
- Ancient Key Location | Where to Find These in Ruins
- Base Staff Disappeared Fix | What to do if your Overseer, Scientist, Armorer, Farmer, or Technician is gone
- How to farm units quickly
- How to get an Atlas Pass v1, v2, and v3 as soon as possible
- How to get Pugneum
- How to Get, Fuel, Level Up, and Repair Frigates
- How to switch from first-person to third-person camera
- Is NMS multiplayer cross-platform?
- Is there a fix to change keyboard controls?
- Solanium | How to find or grow Solar Vines
- Starting Ship Location | Where is my ship?
- Tame and Ride Animals | How to make bait and capture animals
- Technology Module: How to Get Tech Modules
- Unit Bug Fix | Where have my units gone?
- What’s at the center of the galaxy?