The No Man’s Sky starting ship location used to be pretty simple, as you immediately spawned with it. With recent updates, however, including the latest Beyond expansion, players will find that their starting ship has mysteriously vanished. If you’re scratching your head and wondering “Where is my ship in No Man’s Sky?” read on for instructions on how to find your first ship.
Where is my ship in No Man’s Sky?
If you haven’t played No Man’s Sky for a while, you might have been expecting to start a new game with your ship immediately spawning beside you. Following recent updates, this has changed, with players now spawning all alone. It’s now no longer a case of landing with a damaged ship and trying to repair it. Instead, players are first required to locate a crashed ship, before then starting to repair it.
This additional step helps familiarize players with the basic movement controls. It also makes that initial planet a bit more special, as you aren’t just immediately leaving it behind in your already-discovered ship.
If you’re struggling to find the starting ship, you’ll want to first make sure that you’ve waited long enough for a signal to appear. Recent updates have made the game more friendly to newcomers, which has made the beginning of the game a tutorial. While the planets and animals are still all randomly generated, the developer has made the starting missions follow a set path, to better teach new players the ropes.
After a few minutes on the planet, you’ll be directed to a signal. Follow the markers and you’ll eventually find your starting ship. Unfortunately, it will still require repairing through collecting various resources, but once that is complete, you’ll be able to fly off to explore the universe!
More No Man’s Sky
No Man’s Sky is an epic science fiction adventure set across an infinite universe, in which every star is the light of a distant sun, orbited by planets filled with life – each yours to visit. Explore never before seen worlds and trade, fight and survive on a galactic scale.
EXPLORE THE UNKNOWN
Explore uncharted solar systems and catalogue unique new forms of life. Every planet’s landscape is different from the next and populated by species never before encountered.
SURVIVE ON A DANGEROUS FRONTIER
Every solar system, planet, ocean and cave is filled with danger, and you are vulnerable. Battle attack ships, fend off dangerous predators, and survive in hazardous environments. Every encounter will test your skills to the limit.
PREPARE FOR AN EPIC JOURNEY
How you play No Man’s Sky is up to you, but you shouldn’t take your voyage lightly. Collect precious resources on the surfaces of planets, trade them with alien races and build the equipment that will take you to your destiny in the stars.
- Ancient Key Location | Where to Find These in Ruins
- Base Staff Disappeared Fix | What to do if your Overseer, Scientist, Armorer, Farmer, or Technician is gone
- How to farm units quickly
- How to get an Atlas Pass v1, v2, and v3 as soon as possible
- How to get Pugneum
- How to Get, Fuel, Level Up, and Repair Frigates
- How to switch from first-person to third-person camera
- Is NMS multiplayer cross-platform?
- Is there a fix to change keyboard controls?
- Solanium | How to find or grow Solar Vines
- Starting Ship Location | Where is my ship?
- Tame and Ride Animals | How to make bait and capture animals
- Technology Module: How to Get Tech Modules
- Unit Bug Fix | Where have my units gone?
- What’s at the center of the galaxy?