There’s an insane amount of things to do in No Man’s Sky, a whole galaxy worth of content in fact, but just like in real life eventually everything will come back to getting and having money. The currency in No Man’s Sky is units, and also just like in real life, they can be hard to get hold of and harder to keep. But what happens when they disappear entirely? In the case of No Man’s Sky, it actually seems to be a bug. Is there a No Man’s Sky unit bug fix, or do players have to wait until the next patch before they can get back their well-earned cash? Let’s have a look.
What is the No Man’s Sky unit bug?
If you’ve been playing No Man’s Sky a lot, you’ll know the value of the money in the game. You’ll probably have gone to a trader at some point and stared longingly at the one million unit-costing weapons, and have worked hard to earn enough. Unfortunately, and terrifyingly, there is currently a bug in No Man’s Sky that simply eats your units.
The unit bug can happen at any time, but generally speaking it occurs when you go to buy something. You’ll be able to buy the item successfully, but you’ll be left with no money left. It doesn’t matter if you were supposed to have 4 units or 4 million units left, they’ll all be gone. In other words, this is a deeply frustrating bug to get.
Is there a No Man’s Sky unit bug fix?
Brace yourselves, because unfortunately, as of right now, there is no fix for the No Man’s Sky unit bug. The only way you can avoid it is not to buy anything, which isn’t really feasible. Alternatively, whenever you buy anything, make sure you won’t have so many units left that it’d really hurt to lose them. Beyond that, sadly, you’ll just have to wait for a proper patch.
More No Man’s Sky
No Man’s Sky is an epic science fiction adventure set across an infinite universe, in which every star is the light of a distant sun, orbited by planets filled with life – each yours to visit. Explore never before seen worlds and trade, fight and survive on a galactic scale.
EXPLORE THE UNKNOWN
Explore uncharted solar systems and catalogue unique new forms of life. Every planet’s landscape is different from the next and populated by species never before encountered.
SURVIVE ON A DANGEROUS FRONTIER
Every solar system, planet, ocean and cave is filled with danger, and you are vulnerable. Battle attack ships, fend off dangerous predators, and survive in hazardous environments. Every encounter will test your skills to the limit.
PREPARE FOR AN EPIC JOURNEY
How you play No Man’s Sky is up to you, but you shouldn’t take your voyage lightly. Collect precious resources on the surfaces of planets, trade them with alien races and build the equipment that will take you to your destiny in the stars.
- Ancient Key Location | Where to Find These in Ruins
- Base Staff Disappeared Fix | What to do if your Overseer, Scientist, Armorer, Farmer, or Technician is gone
- How to farm units quickly
- How to get an Atlas Pass v1, v2, and v3 as soon as possible
- How to get Pugneum
- How to Get, Fuel, Level Up, and Repair Frigates
- How to switch from first-person to third-person camera
- Is NMS multiplayer cross-platform?
- Is there a fix to change keyboard controls?
- Solanium | How to find or grow Solar Vines
- Starting Ship Location | Where is my ship?
- Tame and Ride Animals | How to make bait and capture animals
- Technology Module: How to Get Tech Modules
- Unit Bug Fix | Where have my units gone?
- What’s at the center of the galaxy?