Finding Pugneum in No Man’s Sky is one of the more onerous tasks in the game. To do so puts you at odds with one of the core tenets of the game: don’t mess with Sentinels. Unfortunately, a few important quests require that you get Pugneum and some handy blueprints need it for crafting as well.
How to get Pugneum in No Man’s Sky
To get Pugneum in No Man’s Sky, you have to destroy Sentinels. There is no other source for the material which is described in-game as:
This oily, unsettling liquid leaks from the circuitry of Sentinels.
Prized by the Vy’keen, Pugneum is thought to share some essential properties with Nanites. It hums in a sinister fashion upon contact with organic matter.
That’s basically it. There’s no real trick to getting Pugneum. Since the Foundation update, you’ve been able to harvest it by destroying Sentinels.
What can I do with Pugneum in No Man’s Sky?
The first time you need Pugneum in No Man’s Sky is likely when you’re doing the base building quests. You’ll need 25 units to build a Weapons Terminal. Once you hire an Armorer to man the terminal, they’ll request you gather more Pugneum for them to research.
Additionally, you’ll need Pugneum to craft several blueprints:
- Exocraft Mining Laser Upgrade Sigma
- 50 Pugneum
- 50 Chromatic Metal
- Exocraft Mounted Cannon
- 50 Pugneum
- 100 Copper
- Scatter Blaster
- 200 Pugneum
- 1 Technology Module
What does Pugneum refine into in No Man’s Sky?
Pugneum is quite versatile when it comes to refining. You’ll get the following results:
- 1 Carbon + 1 Pugneum = 1 Mordite
- 1 Condensed Carbon + 1 Pugneum = 2 Mordite
- 1 Coprite + 1 Pugneum = 2 Gold
- 2 Ferrite Dust + 1 Pugneum = 3 Pure Ferrite
- 1 Kelp Sac + 1 Pugneum = 2 Chlorine
- 3 Magnestised Ferrite + 1 Pugneum = 4 Magnestised Ferrite
- 1 Marrow Bulb + 1 Pugneum = 2 Ionized Cobalt
- 1 Mordite + 1 Pugneum = 1 Gold
- 10 Pugneum = 1 Nanite Cluster
- 2 Pure Ferrite + 1 Pugneum = 3 Magnetised Ferrite
- 1 Sodium + 1 Pugneum = 1 Sodium Nitrate
- 1 Sodium Nitrate + 1 Pugneum = 3 Sodium Nitrate
More No Man’s Sky
No Man’s Sky is an epic science fiction adventure set across an infinite universe, in which every star is the light of a distant sun, orbited by planets filled with life – each yours to visit. Explore never before seen worlds and trade, fight and survive on a galactic scale.
EXPLORE THE UNKNOWN
Explore uncharted solar systems and catalogue unique new forms of life. Every planet’s landscape is different from the next and populated by species never before encountered.
SURVIVE ON A DANGEROUS FRONTIER
Every solar system, planet, ocean and cave is filled with danger, and you are vulnerable. Battle attack ships, fend off dangerous predators, and survive in hazardous environments. Every encounter will test your skills to the limit.
PREPARE FOR AN EPIC JOURNEY
How you play No Man’s Sky is up to you, but you shouldn’t take your voyage lightly. Collect precious resources on the surfaces of planets, trade them with alien races and build the equipment that will take you to your destiny in the stars.
- Ancient Key Location | Where to Find These in Ruins
- Base Staff Disappeared Fix | What to do if your Overseer, Scientist, Armorer, Farmer, or Technician is gone
- How to farm units quickly
- How to get an Atlas Pass v1, v2, and v3 as soon as possible
- How to get Pugneum
- How to Get, Fuel, Level Up, and Repair Frigates
- How to switch from first-person to third-person camera
- Is NMS multiplayer cross-platform?
- Is there a fix to change keyboard controls?
- Solanium | How to find or grow Solar Vines
- Starting Ship Location | Where is my ship?
- Tame and Ride Animals | How to make bait and capture animals
- Technology Module: How to Get Tech Modules
- Unit Bug Fix | Where have my units gone?
- What’s at the center of the galaxy?