Figuring out how to get Deuterium in No Man’s Sky is tough. It’s one of the few resources you can’t really find out in the wild. Instead, you’ll have to refine your supply or purchase it. Previously you could find it by harvesting certain plants, but that’s no longer the case. To find Deuterium in No Man’s Sky, you’ll have to rely on crafting or trade terminals.
Where to get Deuterium in No Man’s Sky
If you’ve been racking your brain to find where Deuterium is in No Man’s Sky, the answer was in you the whole time. You’re not going to see this valuable element in the wild; instead, you’ll need to get a refiner and make it yourself.
To make Deuterium, you’ll need to get the blueprint to a Medium or Large Refiner. Unfortunately, a Portable Refiner won’t do since you need to combine two different elements. You can gain the ability to build a Medium or Large Refiner by simply playing through the first part of the base building missions once they’re introduced during the main story.
Once you have your Refiner built, you’re ready to make some Deuterium. The recipe for Deuterium in No Man’s Sky is:
- Deuterium x1:
- Di-Hydrogen x1
- Tritium x1
You can find both elements needed to manufacture Deuterium easily. Di-hydrogen is on most planets in the form of giant blue crystals. Just use your scanner and head for the big “H.”
Tritium can be a bit more challenging to acquire, but it’s still pretty easy. To harvest Tritium, just take to the stars and start shooting asteroids. You’ll eventually have a shipload of the stuff if you break enough asteroids, and you can head back to your base and start crafting Deuterium.
More No Man’s Sky
No Man’s Sky is an epic science fiction adventure set across an infinite universe, in which every star is the light of a distant sun, orbited by planets filled with life – each yours to visit. Explore never before seen worlds and trade, fight and survive on a galactic scale.
EXPLORE THE UNKNOWN
Explore uncharted solar systems and catalogue unique new forms of life. Every planet’s landscape is different from the next and populated by species never before encountered.
SURVIVE ON A DANGEROUS FRONTIER
Every solar system, planet, ocean and cave is filled with danger, and you are vulnerable. Battle attack ships, fend off dangerous predators, and survive in hazardous environments. Every encounter will test your skills to the limit.
PREPARE FOR AN EPIC JOURNEY
How you play No Man’s Sky is up to you, but you shouldn’t take your voyage lightly. Collect precious resources on the surfaces of planets, trade them with alien races and build the equipment that will take you to your destiny in the stars.
- Ancient Key Location | Where to Find These in Ruins
- Base Staff Disappeared Fix | What to do if your Overseer, Scientist, Armorer, Farmer, or Technician is gone
- How to farm units quickly
- How to get an Atlas Pass v1, v2, and v3 as soon as possible
- How to get Pugneum
- How to Get, Fuel, Level Up, and Repair Frigates
- How to switch from first-person to third-person camera
- Is NMS multiplayer cross-platform?
- Is there a fix to change keyboard controls?
- Solanium | How to find or grow Solar Vines
- Starting Ship Location | Where is my ship?
- Tame and Ride Animals | How to make bait and capture animals
- Technology Module: How to Get Tech Modules
- Unit Bug Fix | Where have my units gone?
- What’s at the center of the galaxy?